Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Friday is Celestial Seasonings Tea

So Friday was my "last" day babysitting Jen in Colorado.  She went to work and I worked in the yard weeding her gardens again until it got terribly hot feeling out and then puttered inside vacuuming, sewing, etc...
 Beautiful sunrises each morning. I'd get up and go for a run, grab a quick bite and then take each of the doggies for a 20-40 minute walk before working in the yard til almost 9 or 9:30.  Shower and then indoor projects before Jen came home from work (between 1:30 and 3:30) for our adventure of the day.
 On Friday Jen took me to the Celestial Seasoning's Tea tour in Boulder.  We had to wear hairnets (Jen has that photo, I'm sure we look stellar).  They had this very strongly odored peppermint room where they stored their peppermint herbal infusion.  After that (we weren't that impressed... um can we have a candy factory tour or one of ice cream) Jen took me for ice cream at Glacier where I sampled about 6 flavors before she pulled over on the side of the road so I could get a better look at the Slurry planes that take off and land in the airport behind her house.
 Incase you are wondering the Slurry planes are the ones that drop the fire retardant on wild fires.  On Saturday morning I went for a run before getting the last of my stuff together to leave.  I had to take a photo of her pests pets since they are so entertaining.  They are pests sometimes (like when Wells has to breathe all over me).  But once they settle down they aren't so bad.

Coda and Wells (would you believe that I cleaned the window a week ago and it was already that messy).  Currently working on my mommy and me adventure list for our trip out there this summer.  Thanks for all the fun while I was visiting you Jen.  Mom and I will tackle some of the projects I wasn't able to get to over the summer (like finish weeding the side yard and paining the pantry).  Keep the little turkey cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment