Thursday, June 20, 2013

Adventure Golf Tuesday

As part of the one adventure a day Jen took me to this Adventure mini-golf place on Tuesday.  It was hot out so we stopped to get Slushies at Sonic first (um, we also went to Sonic almost daily in addition to ice cream... you cannot go wrong with happy hour slushies--I am a bad influence on Jen since this was my must do almost daily thing).

The golf course had 3 courses that you could play so I figured we'd play the Pirate course.
 But we still cannot figure out how a castle is part of a Pirate course?  Oh well, it was quite fun.
So we get to this hole that has a weird ramp type thing and and not very tall edges to help keep the ball in.  I hit my ball a little too hard and it ends up in the water.  Jen tells me to poke around in the bushes since dad found one there when he played.  So I'm poking the bushes and a guy that works there comes up and Jen think's he's going to boot us out for having our slushies since no outside food or beverage is allowed.  He just wanted to make sure they were ours or he'd toss them.  I quickly explain my odd behavior of looking in the bushes to the fact that my ball is now in the water.  He pulls two out of his pocket and let's me pick one so I can finish my round.  
 Jen also didn't like the 18th hole where it eats your ball so we had to go to another of the courses for the 18th hole since it was better.  It shoots water at you and if you get your ball in the center one it shoots fire out a volcano.
 Leaving mini-golf the temp outside:
When it's that hot there is only one thing you can do...
 Go to a Mexican restaurant for fried ice cream.  And if you are me a margarita (I love me a good margarita).
 So we had chips and salsa while waiting for our desserts. Yup, desserts as in we ordered more than one.  We hadn't eaten dinner yet but it didn't matter.  Really, how do you say no to yummy goodness?
 On the left is the fried ice cream with whipped cream in a tortilla fried dough type bowl.  On the right is our sopapillas and flan.  The sopapillas came with lots of honey drizzled over them and it actually tasted delicious mixed with the ice cream from the left.  The flan was ok... I'd never had it before so I gave it a whirl.
Stuffed with desserts we headed back to Jen's house where she treated me to Shemp (her cat) getting a peanut butter bath from the doggies Coda and Wells.  You can read about it here.  These are a few photos I have of the event:
 Peanut Butter on the cat and then let the dogs into the house.  Dogs sniff out the pb and go to town licking the cat, who is not quite sure what all the fuss is about but knows that it isn't really that great being licked by dogs.
 Cat has quite the hairdo after the pb bath and proceeds to clean the dog slobber out of his fur for the next hour.  Jen and Bob's pets do provide hours of entertainment.  The kitties and doggies play fight all the time and it is fun to watch them chase each other around and roll around.


No comments:

Post a Comment