Monday, June 17, 2013

Banjo Billy Boulder Bus Tour

Jen decided to take me on an adventure each day while I was in town "babysitting" her.  Saturday we went to the zoo.  Sunday we went on this bus tour of Boulder.  Jen didn't tell me what we were doing, just that we were going on a history of Boulder tour.  I saw this bus drive by a side street and told her that looks like a fun bus.  She went on to tell me how it was a "drunk bus" for the college during a weekend, taking kids around.  So I figure cool and fun bus that I will never get to check out.
 And then the bus pulls up in front of the Boulderado Hotel (where we had to meet up for our tour).  The bus didn't just pull up... it whinnied like a horse as it pulled to a stop.  The bus has 3 different sound horns, a whinny and a whoot whoot whistle, plus a third that I forget.
 Yup, that appears to be a bus wrapped in reclaimed barn wood.  It was a riot and I was so excited to get on the bus and have our tour.  It did end up being more of ghost stories from the history of the town but it was still interesting.  Not what either of us expected, but what can you expect from a bus that looks like this:
Inside the bus was a riot.  I chose to sit in the saddle.  The rest of the seats on the bus looked like oversize chairs that were tossed out at the end of the spring college semester.
 We had some beautiful views along with our history of some of Boulder.  Although it was hot outside it was shaded on the bus and really not that warm despite there being no windows on the bus.
Of course after the bus tour we went to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream.  I will have to do a separate post of all the photos of Jen from each ice cream place we visited.  We went to a new place each day.  She doesn't normally eat ice cream every day but wanted to take me out for mini-adventures each day and knows I love ice cream.  Such a thoughtful sister I have.
I love how Ben & Jerry's is in the old bank building.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! So fun and she really did plan so much for you guys to do!

    ReplyDelete