Friday, September 6, 2013

Meet Michael

Yep, I am a little behind on this blogging thing right now but I hope to catch you all up soon on what I've been up to.  Jen is in town for a few weeks and we hosted a Meet Michael party at the cottage for them (Jen, Bob and baby of course).
 I had a bunch of stuff from coaching that was from Talk Like a Pirate Day (September 19th incase you are wondering).  I always took it above and beyond to decorate and dress like a Pirate.  I had all the goodies out and even made swords with giant pixie stixs.
 Whoo-hoo moment was people asking where we got the cupcakes.  It was a box mix and cans of frosting.  Easy peasy.  Jen bought the cute wrappers and toppers.  While "baby sitting" her in June I made the pirate Jolly Roger toppers and taped them to the blue anchors.
 Mom hid money treasure in the sandbox that dad raked in.  Of course the sandbox was quickly the babysitter of the party for the kids while everyone else played pass the babies (yep, there was another cutie there named Fiona who happens to share my birthday and is only a few hours younger than Michael).
 Luke got to hold the little dude for awhile before the party began.  Of course Aunt Patty and Aunt MaryLou saw my parents drive by and figured that we might want the cheese and cracker platter so they had to bring it over early (excuse to get a sneak peak at baby).
 While finishing touches were being put in place and food brought out Papa Bear was given special hammock snuggle duty. The grin on his face sums up how he felt about that duty.
 Still babysitting kids is the sandbox.  Jen and I would spend hours in the sandbox growing up.  We even created menu's for our restaurant called Peanut and Pooh's Cafe.  Icky Dicky even ate a bite of our sand cake once (gross).
 We were very lucky to have such wonderful weather.  Here are the two little cousins born hours apart and many states apart too!

1 comment:

  1. I love the party idea! All your decorations and cupcakes looked great!!

    ReplyDelete