Friday, September 13, 2013

10K at Disneyland

So we wake up at like 4:00am to get to the start of our race that will be at 6:15 (the 5K was at 5:30).  I will not provide details of how poorly thought out/designed the start was since it used the same area as the 5K and there were issues with getting to corrals.
  After breakfast in the room (Frosted Flakes with milk) we headed to the start and stopped at the mile 6 marker for a photo op so I wouldn't have to stop later.
I was lucky to be in corral A.  This meant that there weren't a ton of people in front of me stopping for characters so the lines weren't super long... but they were long enough.  Let's just say my half marathon time is only about 40 minutes more than my 10K for the weekend and it was double the distance.
 The temperature was in the upper 70's with high humidity.  I was very toasty and as you know the temps once again reached triple digit heat index that afternoon.  
 I have no idea what I was thinking stopping to get my picture with flowers.  I hate flowers.  I must have been delirious from the heat and this was only about mile 2.
 See that guy there on the far left.  That's Joey Fatone from *NSync.  I give him major kuddos for his racing efforts at runDisney events.  He was also at the Goofy Challenge in January and taking on the Dumbo Double to get that Coast to Coast.  He is the real deal with running and very humble about the whole thing.  His amazing wife was with him and got him started with running when she was injured so he ran for her.
We are all mad here.  Who runs when it's this hot out?  Not me when I am at home.  It becomes an elliptical day.
 Spotting my Momma in the bleachers at the finish line.  She said she kept looking for me in my Tink outfit.  Don't worry, Tink will be back in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment