Thursday, September 12, 2013

Disneyland Day 2

So we didn't do as much at the parks this day since we had to go to the race expo and pick up my race number and such to be ready the next day to run.  The expo was horrendous... mom waited in line for almost 2 hours or more just to purchase some runDisney Dumbo Double Dare items for me.  I went and got a snack for her and also wandered the other vendors before sitting outside for a bit to "stay off my feet."  It was another hot day.  After the ordeal at the expo and the extreme heat of the day we stayed at the hotel until around 2:30 for the parade at 4:00.  Temps again reached into the 100 degree heat index.
 Before the parade we ventured into Jungle on the world famous Jungle Cruise.  A personal favorite of mine after having the opportunity to be an honorary Skipper as part of the year of a million dreams.
 We made sure to pick up our free case of malaria after the cruise entered the pair a docks.  I was roasting so we ventured to the Enchanted Tiki-Room for a delightful Pineapple Dole-whip float and some AC.  Dole whips are a must have any time you visit Disney.  Plus I love the Tiki birds.
 We snagged a good spot in the shade for the parade.  Prior to this I sat on a bench where a lady not so nicely informed me that someone was sitting there.  I informed her that yes, someone was sitting there... me!  She was not amused.  I just can't sit on a curb for that long without my hips hurting but her attitude made me want to torture her poor attempt at saving the bench (not putting anything there to indicate "saved.")
 I read how they light up Cars Land each night.  It was just like walking into Radiator Springs.  Very beautiful with all the neon lights along Route 66.  Of course we had to also ride the Car Racers again.
 Next it was back to Disneyland to share our traditional hotdog from Casey's Corner.  Mom also surprised me with a Mickey pretzel to share for the salt since we'd been sweating all day.  Yum.
 Fireworks again.  How I love them but loved them more the night before when everyone sat in the street to watch.  Some cast member took it upon himself to get everyone to stand up and then left.  We were all better sitting so we could all see.  Oh well.
 Tink and Dumbo... best that they fly all around the castle instead of a zip and done.
Time for bed. I have that 10K to run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment