Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Disneyland Day 1

Well after an early to bed the night before we were up and ready for the parks.  The night before we woke up at 9:30 (yup, sound asleep) to the fireworks that momma thought were workers pounding at 6:30 am.  We were really out of it after our travel day.
 Of course the first thing on our agenda was the one and only Dumbo.  Our plan if we were separated was to meet at the Dumbo statue in front of the Castle.
 That's right folks, mom rides Dumbo!  She was excited to go on it again.  At first she said she'd wait for me and then remembered it isn't so bad and joined me :)
 After that we sat in the shade (well, I went again) and we waited for Casey Jr. to open up for the day.  This is only here in Cali and is the Dumbo Circus train.  So cute but it gets a fairly long line early since it takes forever to load/unload.
 We rode the caboose and were treated to some really nice views of the fantasyland area of the park.  Good thinking mom on where to sit since we were first in line.  Of course Dumbo needed some extra attention from me so back to the line so I could enjoy flying over Fantasyland since the one at Disney World is no longer near the castle.
 After it was over to mom's favorite attraction, it's a small world.  This one is huge compared to the one in Florida.  And of course we were able to catch it at an hour mark so the parade of nations came through.
After it's a small world I acquired a very special popcorn Dumbo.  He is just so stinkin' cute.  I had so many people checking it out as we carried it through the park all day.

 We headed over to California Adventure for part of the afternoon since we figured it would get crowded with the race crowd coming.  Last time we were here most of the park was under construction for Cars Land and the McCarthy Circle.  Immediately I was greeted by my pal Goofy.
 We went on the jumpin' jelly fish.  A surprise attraction that mom wanted to go on.  She amazes me with what she is willing to try.  I bet climbing that mountain in Colorado this summer made her extra brave. I know she's been on this before but still amazing that she likes it.  We also did our favorite Toy Story Mania.

 We had to have an afternoon snack/lunch and Ghiradelli opened since we were last here.  Before it was the Mission Tortilla factory (those wraps).  Delicious although our little caramel squares were all melty.
 Cars Land was spectacular.  There was no line for Mater's tractor spin so I went on it.  Think tilt-a-whirl at SeaBreeze but without the actual spinning but half spinning.  I was laughing so hard since it was hilarious what he was saying over the speakers and the music.  Loved it.
 After I convinced mom to go on the Cars main attraction.  She thought it was a ride through Radiator Springs but it actually turned into a fast race track at the end with hills and turns.  She started whooping and laughing.  She loved it so much we went on it again 2 times the next day and attempted to get a fast pass for it as well (those were out in about an hour after park opening).
 The heat of the day was getting to mom so (hello heat index making it feel like 102 out) so we went back to our room for a few hours before the evening fireworks.  We took the trolly from the back of the park area to the entrance area.  It was cute and very much played homage to Walt when he arrived in Cali.

 Of course a day at Disney is not complete without fireworks over the castle.  This is Sleeping Beauty's and they have an amazing Tinkerbell here that "dances" around the castle.
 Best part of their fireworks is the flying Dumbo.  I took video of him flying over the castle.  Tears in my eyes since I love Dumbo.  Sorry about the little shake in the middle I thought I would zoom but it wouldn't let me.

2 comments:

  1. Disneyland looks fun! I want to make it there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip. Too bad it was so hot out!

    ReplyDelete