Monday, July 29, 2013

Seven Falls

Mom and I had another mini-adventure day that began with Seven Falls in Colorado Springs and ended with Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, plus an outlet center so we could avoid rush hour traffic.  I will post about the Garden of the Gods later.
 Entering into the Falls were the Pillars of Hercules.  Two tall rocks that were close together that start the "canyon."  We also saw some unique signs.
Upon entering and parking the car you could take the elevator or the stairs to this "Eagle Nest."  I figured I'd take the stairs incase I could get some good pictures.  Um, very steep stairs that scared the life out of me (no backs) and so I just climbed as quick as I could while clinging to the railing.  I took the elevator back down.  
 Yeah, this is what the steps look like going down.  I was not a fan but gathered my courage so that I could do the stairs that actually followed the falls up as well as providing access to the hiking trails.
 Yup, certain death if you panic.  I guess the part that was most difficult was that there were not very many "landings" where there was a break in the steps so it was visually challenging.
 View of the falls from the Eagle Nest above and below is mom as we begin our journey up the steps.
 Almost at the top for Mom and me at the top because I was so freaked out stopping on the steps for photos.  Mom is brave and I am proud of her for climbing the stairs and Mount Sanitas.  Of course I am proud of her for other things.
National Geographic claims it is on of the best waterfalls... while it was in a beautiful setting I guess I am spoiled by Niagara Falls so close by and the beauty and power of that this seemed a little less than I was anticipating.  At night though they do light it up in colors and I suppose that would be pretty amazing, although I'd really be scared of the stairs then.

1 comment:

  1. Yup that was a lot of steps. thanks for letting me take breaks along the way. Oh yeah and also for not pushing me over the edge

    ReplyDelete