Saturday, July 13, 2013

Meeting Michael and Welcome Home!

We arrived at the hospital around 9:30 at night.  My mom had me hold her bag and camera (I looked stellar with all the stuff) and she went to love on the little dude.  Of course she gave Jen and Bob hugs first.  They were lovingly looking at their little dude as he caught a tan.
 Mom fed him his bottle and then we headed to Jen and Bob's to unpack and spend the night.
 The next morning (that would be Monday), the family came home from the hospital.  Mom went to take pics at the hospital while I stayed at their house.  While waiting for them to come home I had a little fun with their fur babies.
 Paco was pretty good for me... I mean it is kind of hard to get a cat to sit where you want so I brought the sign to him.  Love that I caught a yawn.  Then he moved.  I tried to get both dogs to sit near the sign but Coda was the only one that followed my directions.  Coda's super cute laying there looking up like, "when is he going to get here?"
 Shemp liked his face and then decided he had better things to do and ran off...
 Wellesley just didn't want to do anything but follow me around so at least I was able to get this photo of him before he got up and tried to lick me.
Jen and Bob pulled into the driveway.  I had the dogs outside so we could let them in to meet Michael.
 After the dog photos I made a welcome home sign on the chalkboard.  After they settled in for a few minutes Jen was "visited" by friends and family.  Since she had Michael early my mom and I were not able to follow through with my plan to bring her cards/books/gifts from her shower to the hospital.
 While she was opening her gifts the cats play fought with each other.  Jen was so touched by the fact that we brought her "visitors" that she started to cry a little bit.  She had 1 visitor at the hospital besides my mom and me.
 She had a great time reading all the nice cards/notes and gifts to let her know you were thinking of her.
A Rolling Stones book from Great Aunt Jodi--since nursery rhymes aren't as cool as songs that Mick sings and a Port Bay onesie from Great Aunt Patty.  She loved everything and although our plan to bring stuff to the hospital a few at a time didn't work out in a way it did since she had a little less to worry about getting ready to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment