Thursday, July 11, 2013

Trip to Colorado... by car

My mom and I left Friday afternoon for Colorado and arrived late Sunday night after a few fun stops or more like interesting stops along the way.  We were planning on having more stops on the way but with little Michael coming early we basically drove with little stopping.  We will make stops on the way home.
 I don't recommend one of those fireworks... actually it was a Jelly Belly store next to the fireworks place in PA.  Our first day on the road we stayed in Cleveland, Ohio.  Driving by there were fireworks at the baseball stadium.  I didn't quite get my camera out in time but you can sort of see them in the rear view mirror.
 Saturday morning I got up and went for a run.  We were in a nice neighborhood on the water.  While out running I could tell it was a nice neighborhood.  Look at the amount of firework stuff in this front yard in the Cleveland area.
 On my run I also ended up at a beautiful little park that you could see the skyline from.  I went back to the hotel and got my momma and we ate our breakfast at the parking lot.
 Through some random mid-west state we saw not one, but two wiener mobiles driving the opposite way as us.  Iowa and Nebraska were both kind of boring to drive through... but most major highways are boring.  This is the supposedly the largest truck stop... able to park 900 tractor trailers in Iowa.
 And this free museum in Nebraska. Interesting looking and we didn't go in.
 We did go to Penny's Diner in Nebraska.  I was kind of laughing at this because of the Big Bang Theory show with Penny from Nebraska.  The diner was very cute.  We had ice cream sundaes.
Next state, Colorado and my momma meeting her grandbaby for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to have a little fun on the way there!

    ReplyDelete