Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sweet Potato Chips

I love sweet potatoes and found a recipe in my Runner's World magazine for sweet potato chips.  When   Luke and I go out to dinner I order sweet potato fries when they are available.  To make sweet potato chips you need to buy a sweet potato, peel it and then slice it into "chips."
Toss the "chips" in olive oil and then spread on a baking sheet in a single layer.  Bake in the oven at 350*.  When you notice them starting to crisp up you need to flip them over .
 Take them out when you think they are done.  Some may be a little smushy still and others will be crunchy (depends on the thickness and size of "chip").  I prefer mine a little crispy so they often look burnt.  I would recommend that you store them in a bowl with a loose plastic wrap cover instead of in tupperware type container where they don't keep their slight crunchyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment