Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Baby Shower Crafts...2

More craftastic awesomeness for Jen's shower while I wait to borrow my mom's camera card to show you how everything finally came together.  Going along with the nautical theme I decided to make pier pillars that you see boats tied to at the docks.  I started out with some fun noodles (thank you Papa Bear), string, tape, scissors and brown paper bag wrapping paper.
I wrapped one of the noodles in the paper and taped it shut.  I then cut one of the noodles using a knife (it cut super easy).  I then wrapped the two pieces and taped the paper.  After the pieces were wrapped I  wound the yarn around them.  I suppose that a twine or rope would be better, but I used what I had around the house since they aren't going to be saved after the shower (well, the noodles will be saved and used on the boat).
Here are the finished pier pillars.  I suggest you wrap the yarn on the individual noodles first and then wrap them together last for it to look best and to make your life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment