Thursday, May 9, 2013

More Shower Prep info...

So here is the last of the shower making prep and info I have for you.  Of course Cinder helped with what she could.  To make the centerpieces for the table I painted paint stir sticks.  I rolled 5 diapers and put them in a small pot to help keep the shape.  I placed the paint stick in the center and then tied the bundle together with some string.  After, I attached a yellow pennant flag to the top.  They came out cute and will look great on the tables.
 The centerpieces are in the green tub.  All the stuff for the shower is hanging out in our living room.
 The week of the shower I went over to my mom's to help with the surprise clothes horse.  The horse was made by my Grandma Pearl's father when she was a kid and my sister and I used it growing up along with Sydney and Kendall (our cousin's).  Ginga is very excited to give it to Jen for use with Michael.  Of course it needed some fresh paint (thanks Bob for telling us the right color white so it will match at your house and Papa Bear for painting it).
 We needed to replace the red mane and tail.  Mom and I picked out this pretty green yarn since we know Jen is going with splashes of green as an accent color.
 To make the mane I wrapped the yarn around a box and then we looped it over the ears and I braided it.  This was tricky, but it doesn't have any "lose ends" the way we did this.  See what a hi-tech operation we had happening here.
 Here is the new tail rubber banded together and just needing a little hot glue to hold it in the tail place.  And I have always just used the piece of yarn on the outside.  My momma had me pull the yarn from the inside piece and here is what happens when you do that (plus it doesn't tangle).  So cool and we used a lot of yarn for the mane and tail.
Of course my mom had to go and hang some baby clothes on the horse and put a bucket cap on it.  We later accessorized it with a bow tie that had lime green sailboats on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment