Friday, May 10, 2013

Success... it all came together for the shower!

I am excited to say that everything came together for Jen's baby shower and I think that it looked fantastic.  We had some wonderful food thanks to our wonderful Aunties that helped me to make the shower such a success.  The day started with me hauling all of the shower goodies out of my hallway (it looked like my hall belonged on Hoarders) and onto the driveway to load into the truck around 8:15am.
All loaded up and we head to the lodge, that we are not allowed to enter until 9am.  I sit at a picnic table outside with the goods while mom goes back to my house to load up a few more things and grab some stuff from my fridge for the ice chest.
 The first thing we did was turn on the oven and then set up the tables.  I had the layout of everything in my mind and had sketched it out several times so that it would all go smoothly.  Once the tables were set up mom went to work getting chairs set up so that I could start decorating with my "vision."
I had made nautical decorations and brought painter's tape to hang stuff on the wall so I wouldn't damage them.  The hardest part was getting the Ahoy it's a Boy sail to stand up and look decent.  The inspiration photo I saw on pinterest was leaning against a wall.  Here is what we ended up with the guests seeing when they entered the lodge for Jen's baby shower:
And of course the other side of the boat was the water with a net to catch all the loot:
 All of the food had punny names.  We had life savers (donuts), bait (gummy worms), catch of the day (sweedish fish), sinkers (meatballs), eggs-hull-ent casserole (eggs), pier-ogies (perogies), channel markers (cupcakes), mini-subs, marshland dish (French toast casserole), knot-yer-moor-ma's potatoes... so fun and a big thanks to my Papa Bear for helping me with quite a few of those names.
 Everyone enjoyed the yummy food and drinks before Jen's little Michael was given a boatload of gifts.
The first gift was the horse.  The horse was something that my Grandma Pearl's father had made for her as a girl.  My sister and I both used the clothes horse growing up as well as Kendall and Sydney.  I had it covered in a sheet and revealed it to the guests first before Jen got to see it.  The ooh's and ahh's of them seeing it and Jen not having yet was great.  Here is Jen's face when she finally got to check it out:
 Awww.  She really loved it Grandma Pearl.  A thank you to Jen's husband Bob for finding out the color white of the nursery so we could go to the store and attempt to match it.  Jen's college roommate Natalie came in from Buffalo and of course they had to have a silly photo.  Natalie is getting married in August, which works out perfect since Jen plans to visit with little Mikey in August.
 As a thank you to our friends and family that attended the shower and gave so generously to her sonny boy we had salt water taffy for them to take home with them.
Thanks for Sailebrating with Jen!  I am so glad that it all came together and we had the most perfect weather while she was in town so she could do everything that she wanted... Mikey went on his first fishing trip the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment