Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Baby Shower Crafts

While Luke was zonked out with his back hurting I  took the time to make more decorations for Jen's baby shower.  Thankfully the stores had salt water taffy for shower favors.  I created these "address" labels for the favor bags.
 Each label had to be individually made by "insert picture, insert text box..."  Might just be that I have a computer that is almost 10 years old  and can't update the software on it.  Next, I made decorations for the cupcakes and to hang up on the wall.
I had the idea to make wall art for Jen using the nautical alphabet to make canvas of Michael's initials.  In the meantime Jen had already created her own wall art so fail.  I still wanted to incorporate the nautical them into her shower though so I made flag print outs and added the letter over top.
 Here is one of the nautical alphabet flags coming out of the printer.  I then cut it out and used contact paper to "laminate" it.  Love how it came out to spell Michael.
The last craft project I worked on over the Easter weekend was decorations for the cupcakes.  I printed out anchors and nautical flag "M."  I also printed red and blue chevron print for the backs.  Cut/punch the shapes and double sided tape them to the extra wide toothpick forks I picked up since they reminded me of oars.
 Cinder Ella kept trying to help with the contact paper and that was not cool with me.  She liked how the paper sounded (crunchy) while peeling it off the back.  So I took a scrap and attached it to the sliding glass door for her with the contact paper (no sticky tape residue on the window either...did I just find a way to make my own window clings???)
 mmm, tasty contact paper wrapper.  Don't judge, it kept her occupied a long time.

1 comment:

  1. You had so many great details. I loved them all!

    ReplyDelete