Monday, August 29, 2011

Wedding Party Time

After our very short ceremony it was time for some photos and then of course dinner, dancing and dessert. After taking some of the traditional photos that we wanted (bridal party, grandparents, parents...) we headed out onto the golf course for some just the two of us photos. We were only gone about 40 minutes during the cocktail hour and wanted to keep the reception moving by having dinner at 6:30. Dinner consisted of a buffet (which everyone says was delicious... I had chicken fingers from the snack shack). During dinner we opted for instrumental Disney songs to go with my love of Disney and help keep things tied together. After eating we went around and chatted with friends and family as they finished their meals. We cut the cake. We decided not to smush the cake since we didn't want to ruin the suit/dress. There weren't any napkins on the table so being the classy lady that I am I used the tablecloth to wipe my hands and face (hey, it worked). Next, we had our first dance to You and Me by Lifehouse. The song debuted shortly after we started dating (I believe) and I heard it performed on tv for a wedding. Then I danced with Papa Bear to When You Wish Upon a Star by Louis Armstrong. Jen danced with him to Gone Fishin' by Louis Armstrong so I thought that would be a nice thing to have the same singer but different song. We had Ben & Jerry's ice cream as well as fruit tarts that my sister Jen made plus Hostess cupcakes and cookies among the desserts. Everyone seemed to enjoy the evening hanging around and chatting, using the photo booth and dancing. A gigantic thank you to my parents for hosting such a wonderful day/evening to celebrate the two of us getting married.
We had such a great time and did not want the evening to end. Our DJ was phenomenal. She let me pick the "last song." I chose I'm yours by Jason Mraz (she couldn't find Lucky in Love fast enough). My friends Dani and Kelly stayed out dancing with their fiances' and us til the end. Immediately after the song I picked she popped on I want to grow old with you by Adam Sandler. Not one person asked our DJ to do this, but having gotten to know us and seen some of our details the "real" last song was Mickey Mouse Alma Mater. Cue the waterworks from me (which lead to tears from mom, papa bear, Luke and Dani). I hear the song on every Magical Express bus trip home from Disney and it is the "it's really over," song. There could not have been a more perfect ending to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment