Monday, August 8, 2011

Before the Wedding...

A lot went on the night before the wedding. Dani and Greg arrived in town. When Dani called to see if she should go to my mom's to meet up with me or Manfriends house she was disappointed to hear I was still cooking up food and hadn't left for my mom's yet. This perked Greg up in the car and he started picking tunes on the ipod and getting excited. Until the phone call he'd been sleeping. Dani and Greg arrive at our house around 4:00, where Greg promptly decides that he will stay since we have a pool table, M & M's and beer. According to Dani he opened that beer so fast so he'd have no choice but to stay and finish it. The boys had a fun evening filled with eating the bbq pork tenderloin I'd cooked up and playing games in the basement. I left my camera with the boys... hence the lack of photo taking. Meanwhile, at my mom's Dani and I leave Jen in the kitchen making tarts and go to dinner at TC Hooligans East Side Grill. My mom calls from a bar with her friends and wants to know where we are so we can meet at her house and drop off things to the golf course. We leave and spend almost an hour at the house waiting for her. She was stuck in traffic, even her extreme knowledge of back roads couldn't help her if there wasn't a road to take.
After dropping off some of the goods at the golf course we need more sixlet things for the glass slippers. I still haven't found a necklace to wear and apparently I needed one. It's now almost 9pm so Miss D and I head over to Kohls to find... NOTHING. We even looked at little kid necklaces knowing I could put it on my own chain. As a last ditch effort we headed across the parking lot to Target where we found a necklace/earring set that wasn't there a few days ago that matches my engagement ring details perfectly. It is now 9:40 the night before the wedding and I finally have jewelry for the wedding.
Back at the house the boys are playing pool, throwing back a few beers and just relaxing.
Back at my mom's my sister is baking and my mom is working on the button-ears (pinwheels with mickey buttons) for the boys. She won't let me help cause I might burn myself on the hot glue gun. I avoid the kitchen cause we don't need burnt tarts or a cranky Jen with me in her kitchen space. Dani and I go to bed at about 10:30 and sleep through the night. We don't even hear my dad come home from work. My mom and sister go to bed sometime around 1am (or later and they just don't want to tell me).

No comments:

Post a Comment