Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Ceremony

Jen (our coordinator at Jack's) insisted on putting a table cloth on the table and bringing me a bottle of champagne saying that everyone deserves to be treated extra special at least one day. Dani and I hung out in the closet while Jen and Sydney went out to find the boys for their button-ears. I had to use the bathroom so Miss D went with me and would have crawled under the door if I couldn't handle holding the dress by myself. All that gear from coaching and using port-a-potties paid off cause I was able to keep the dress off the floor and out of the toilet without any help. She was saved from having to dive under the door. Meanwhile, the zipper on her dress was broken and kept splitting a little further. We just hoped she'd make it through the ceremony with the dress holding up. Brendan stopped by to make sure I had the marriage license. Here I am posing with the Disneyland pen that Luke and I used to apply for the license and that I insisted on all parties involved using to make it official that day. I'm just a little superstitious that way.I spied Luke through the blinds in the closet. He looked so calm, handsome and happy. Then aunt Lou called my mom to say they were in traffic and could we wait to start? My response to my mom, "I don't want to wait, I want to be the one person who starts their wedding on time." Mom replied that there might be others in traffic. Fortunately, our processional started at 5:03 verizon time, not bad at all considering.
Our harpist Donna was playing When You Wish Upon a Star. I definitely wove Disney throughout the day.

Luke caught a glimpse of me and I've heard from several people he said, "Wow." The plan was to stop and give Grandma Pearl a pin that matched the girls necklace/earrings. When I handed the bouquet to my dad he dropped it, quickly saying, "it's all right. I got it," while proudly hoisting it over his head like the girls that dive for it when they "win."
The ceremony went quickly with a little bit of pixie dust followed by the force being with us. Approximately 5 minutes later (if even that long) we were pronounced Mr. and Mrs. (let the party begin) and walked out together to Ever, Ever After by Carrie Underwood. Here is the Disneyland pen making it official:


No comments:

Post a Comment