Friday, August 19, 2011

Girls getting ready

So I need to make a post about the actual wedding, but that will come after we provide some of the details about the 15 minutes of makeup and getting dressed at the house. When I say 15 minutes, I mean 15 minutes and probably not a minute longer. Jen did our make-up and then we got dressed. Dani and my mom helped me into my dress. This is my "something old." It is a piece of lace from my Grandma Pearls neighbors dress from when she married Grandpa Zip. It is over 100 years old and all the girls on my dad's side of the family have worn it on their wedding day.Incase you are wondering, my something new were my white crocs shoes, something blue was a Dory charm on the shoes, something borrowed was a pin that belonged to my mom. My dad offered to let me borrow a dollar...he said he'd make sure he got it back.
Erica, our photographer took a few photos of us getting ready and around the house. Prior to heading over to Jack's Place Miss D and I had a little fun over at the track. Say what? That's right, what would a wedding day be without a few laps. Lucky for us the huge soccer tournament was in a time out or half time. We got quite a few interesting looks as we put on our running shoes and had a mini-relay handoff. This time though we didn't opt for the blind handoff that is now famous from our college relay 4x800 days.
Very fitting that I am handing off the baton to Dani who will be marrying Greg in February.
We then skeedaddled over to Jack's Place so I could "hide out" in a little closet until the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment