Saturday, July 12, 2014

My 32nd Birthday

I will start off by saying that yes, I am a spoiled princess and I can be very moody.  Why would my birthday be any different?  Of course most of the family showed up at my parents for breakfast.  My mom does bacon, eggs and pancakes most days.  Today my sister stepped in and made crescent roll French Toast.  And since I am a spoiled princess I wanted regular French Toast so my sister made that for me and called me a piggy since I wanted 3 slices.  I love French Toast and could eat it every day.  Mind you I don't like bacon and didn't have any other breakfast goodies.  
 After breakfast people just hung around the yard and Michael climbed all over his car.  In and out, stand on the seat, sit down, turn the key, attempt to "squeak" the horn.

 I had him open our other gift.  He loved gift number 2 from us.  A box of tissues that he promptly started to pull out one at a time.  Very gently he pulled them out and left them all over the place.
 It is totally magical little dude how they keep coming out of the box.  They seem to be never ending.
 Manfriend and I took a walk up to the lake and enjoyed the cool temperatures and breeze.  The lake was still kind of rough but not as bad as the day before.  My mom let some Ben & Jerry's Triple Caramel Chunk ice cream get soft and put it in an Oreo pie crust, drizzled with hot fudge for my cake.  My moody self kicked in and complained about the hot fudge ruining the ice cream since it took away from the slight caramel flavor.  She was really worried about not even being able to make me a cake.  I was surprised that she did this for me and am thankful she did, although I told her it was technically a pie (told you I was in a mood).
 I took a nap on the couch and my parents took a nap on the hammock outside.  That night was the poker game that usually takes place on the 4th.  There is a new winner in town, Mr. Lucky (my dad).  He won $20 (which is small for the game that usually has the winner taking home about $80+).
 The first one out was a shocker to all.  Manfriend was the loser and winner of the poop.  Must be because I didn't sit in the cottage and "cheer" for you.  I chose to watch Aladdin on the projection screen set up that they have outside for night movies.  My feet got about 4 bug bites each and those are the only bites I have.  Lucky for me they only bother me when I put on my shoes for a run (grrrr).
 And, since I warned that I am a spoiled Princess I received these adorable t-shirts from my Momma and Papa Bear.  They are just perfect for me and I look forward to wearing them all the time.
 I was also given some SparkleSkirts.  yay for running stuff that is useful and that I love.  I was also given a jar of homemade strawberry jam in a wine bag.  They were hoping to trick me but some liquor was given to me a few weeks ago (Firefly Sweet Tea vodka--delicious mixed with lemonade).
 The big birthday surprise came in the form of the Midnight with Mickey Vera Bradley Hipster.  I love my tote that Luke got me around our anniversary and I have the zip ID case my mom got me for when I go to schools and have to leave ID and keys at the main office.  I love the print and my parents decided that it would be nice for me to have this cute little purse for when I travel.
I had a wonderful birthday and am so appreciative of everything my parents do for me and not just on my birthday but throughout the year.  Even though my birthday is right after the 4th they still find a way to make it a special day for me, despite the craziness of lots of family and such around the cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment