Thursday, July 31, 2014

Florida in July (part 2)

I got up kind of early (not really) and went for a 4 mile run around the Downtown Disney area.  It was not crowded at all either when I went back after it just opened to pick up a coffee mug for someone who chipped theirs.  I loved the topiary of Lady and the Tramp so I had to take a photo.  
 We checked out of our hotel that we got a fantastic deal on and was just across the street from the entrance to Downtown Disney.  We ate breakfast at the Sizzler.  I am glad we tried this place because I remember them referencing it on Full House and was always curious.  Not a favorite of mine (most all you care to eat buffets are not).
 We stopped at a nearby Target to check out their Disney merchandise since the ones near Disney carry a lot of it compared to a "normal" Target.  Mom bought a chocolate chip cookie that got a little melty in the heat and dripped down her face.  When she licked it off her fingers she couldn't figure out why more appeared on her fingers.  Then she took a selfie.
 She always has me cracking up.  There was an RV place along the highway and part of their advertisement is this:
 I thought it looked cool on the way up to Disney so I made sure to take a picture on the way home since I was too slow on the way there.  We stopped at SparkleSkirt head quarters on the way back to Debbie's since a custom my mom had ordered was due in to the store in the next day or two.  We totally lucked out as her custom and my custom were in the store fresh from the sewing facility.  Whomp, whomp going home with a total of 5 skirts for me and a pair of mudd buster shorts.
 Love the sign on the bridge as we leave Tampa for New Hampshires apartment.  They got a massive downpour that afternoon with crazy loud thunder and basically no lightning (that I saw).  She has a great little corner apartment that overlooks the pool and courtyard type are so it is quiet.  We called it an "early" night and took a nap before going to a decent pizza place and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment