Tuesday, July 29, 2014

mini-vacation to Florida

My Momma and I had a mini-trip to Florida to visit Miss New Hampshire.  We were a little delayed getting into the Tampa airport but finally made it and settled in at Debbie's around 2:30am.  This would be a whirlwind trip since we arrived Wednesday early am (our 2:30 bedtime) and departed at 6am Saturday.  Plenty of time for my mom and her best friend to get into trouble and for me to bail them out (trouble, yes.  bailing out, no--thankfully).

We started our Wednesday off by sleeping in before heading to SparkleSkirt headquarters.  I am obsessed with my SparkleSkirts and this was on the way to Disney so we just had to stop.  I loved looking at the rows and rows of skirts and picking out a few new lovelies to take home.
 Of course they have a red carpet down the center of their warehouse.  My mom and Debbie decided to try on a skirt.  Debbie came out of the dressing room and was very surprised by how comfortable it was.  Both of them left with a skirt and proceeded to wear them the rest of the afternoon and very much enjoyed being "hands free."  Meaning they didn't have to carry a purse or other stuff since they shoved it in the leg pockets and waist band zippered pocket.
 I was excited to see this sign:
 We also stopped in the Disney-esqu town of Celebration to go to the RawThreads retail store.  RawThreads is a bamboo clothing place.  Their shirts are beyond amazing for comfort.  Still not sure if I want to run in one but they are so soft and cozy for wearing around.  I saw the Disney Vacation Club building (and other buildings in the area) that reminded me very much of classic California around the time Disney was building his Disneyland.
 The very BEST sign in the world.  Yup, we went to Disney World.  We did not go to any of the parks but we did go to Downtown Disney so I could get my Disney fix.  We did some shopping and then I had the brilliant idea that I would venture on my own if mom and Debbie didn't want to come with me. I was going to go to a resort and catch the Magic Kingdom fireworks and come back.  Lucky for me they decided to go on this adventure.
 We ended up sitting on the beach at the Polynesian resort and having dinner and watching fireworks.  While waiting for fireworks they had The Little Mermaid playing on the beach.  I haven't seen the movie in a long time and it was nice to catch a little bit of it.  Unfortunately they had to end the movie early (after the intermission for the fireworks) due to a storm in the are.  I guess we were also very lucky since some lady said it was the first time all week they had fireworks cause of rain and storms.
I was a very happy girl to have a little bit of my Disney fix and am very excited I get to go back for the races in January.  The only thing that would have been better would be if they had Dole Whips but due to renovations they did not.  This was just day one of our adventures with Miss New Hampshire in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment