Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Poppin' Tags

I am not quite sure how I stumbled upon this woman's blog but I did.  Most likely something on pinterest (her North Pole Party is amazingly beautiful) and then I started reading her blog because of her writing and beautiful photos.  Well, her and her sister have a challenge where they go to the thrift store with a set amount and an "outfit" goal (dinner party, picnic...) and see who can rock the budget best.  Check it out here.  I ran the idea by Jen and she was totally up for this.  We set a limit of $10 to get a casual summer outfit.
First up is Jen pretending to dive into the water.  She is sporting her brand spanking new pants from Kohl's (tags still on them at the thrift store) and a new tank with a necklace she had at home.
 Pants $4 and I love the blue color of them.  So refreshing to not see a khaki or black capri.  Shirt $3.  Love that the tank has wide shoulder straps and a faint stripe pattern that is shimmery.  The tank is also longer than most, which I really like because it dresses the outfit up a bit.  Also loving the shape along the bottom of the tank.  Cost of the outfit $7.  She is totally rocking the look and I am sure the pieces will become part of her regular wardrobe.
 I had a tough time finding an outfit.  For some reason most of the capris or shorts that I liked were going to run about $7 which would not leave much for a cute shirt.  I hit the jackpot though with these Bermuda shorts costing $3 (hooray for them being the 50% off color for the week).  I was looking for something that could double as acceptable to wear to school as well for subbing.
 The shirt is from NY& Co and cost $3 as well (another steal with the color of the week tag).  I love how it is like a tank but the cap sleeves are sheer.  I can tuck the cap sleeves up if I want to go for a more tank look.  I paired the shirt with my own white tank to provide some extra coverage.  Total outfit cost: $6.  Although this style shirt is not likely the most flattering I love that it is "cool" since it isn't clingy for those last days at school or at a picnic outside.  School gets hot since it is not air conditioned.
I have to call this version of Poppin' Tags a tie with my outfit winning on price/deal but Jen's winning on fashion/accessorizing.  This challenge was fun and we may have to consider going shopping together this summer for a different outfit challenge.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun thing for you two sisters to do! Keep it up, I love when you two entertain me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun!! Love them both. The new tags on Jen's does put her on top I think though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is safe to say we both consistently fail with fashion.

    ReplyDelete