Monday, June 23, 2014

One week Belated Papa Bear Day!

Wanted to wish my Papa Bear a belated Father's day.  I had a great time doing all sorts of little things with him at the cottage.  I had asked him about touching up the rust spot on my car a while back.  He brought some tool to the cottage to brush off the rust and then painted up the spot with a "primer/inhibiter for rust."  Another day we will put on some "Subaru Blue" paint to hopefully blend it in a little better.
Next we hung up a swing for when little guy is in town over the summer.  Papa Bear had the rope and clip thing so we just had to figure out how to get it over the branch and tie it up.  I must say that it came out fantastic and it is a good thing that he has so many odds and ends that he keeps cause you never know when you might need them.  He used some old hook thing to wrap the rope around so it doesn't tangle when he puts it away.
 Later he helped me to catch a sunfish on a fly rod.  I've never used a fly rod before and the fish weren't in a biting mood that day.  They would kind of nibble/play but not bite.   I did end up catching one but it took a long time.  I still need to work on the whole getting the fly out there part.
I also helped him to straighten out the one cable on his boat hoist since it was rubbing funny.  I had a great day helping my Papa Bear out and learning some new things (like how to fly fish--sort of, putting up a swing and fixing my rusted spot).  I hope you enjoyed the afternoon and your time fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment