Monday, July 16, 2012

My Dress... well the idea

sorry it's blurry
Part of my birthday gift from my parents is a custom made Disney Dumbo dress!  So excited about this.  I found this picture in January and tried to convince my mom that I needed one but with Dumbo to run the Tinkerbell race in about a week.  As you may have figured out the dress didn't exactly happen.  My mom made a phone call to Roseanne and e-mailed her the picture.  She thinks it is a fun project.  We met with her the other day and she sketched out the dress and took measurements.

Mom and I went to pick out the fabric.  Dumbo will be on purple, yellow and green panels with all of the in between panels black/white dots.  At the bottom we will have a wide yellow rick rack (squiggly ribbon) and then small black/white dots.  I am going to just wear a wide strap tank top with the skirt part and create cap sleeves with red/yellow fabric to look like Dumbo's collar.

No comments:

Post a Comment