Monday, July 2, 2012

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

Earlier this month my mom decided to have a garage sale.  I cleaned out and brought some things over, aunts brought things over and they had it all piled in Ginny's garage.  I had a few more things to add for the sale and hadn't seen any of the items my aunts brought over yet.  Aunt Kendra was coming over and we were going to hang up the signs for the sale.  While we waited I looked around at all the stuff.  Immediately I noticed a mirror near the door.  I really liked it but didn't say anything.  I knew Luke would say we didn't need anything more in our house.  My aunt Kendra came over so we could go hang up signs.  Before we did that I grabbed the mirror and went to hand her the money to pay for the mirror (it was hers).
She refused to take the money and said she was glad I wanted it because it  was my Great-Grandma's.  When I told Luke I got the mirror he was like, we don't need more stuff.  After I said there was something about the mirror that just had my attention and then I found out it was my Great-Grandma's he was ok with the mirror.

I hung the mirror on the wall in our front entrance.  I love it and it fits perfectly there.  I love the little designs on the glass mirror and the details in the age worn frame.  The old coat rack my dad fixed up for us and the small antique-y table near the mirror really pull the space together.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that that was grammies mirror.. So glad it stayed in the family. You chose a perfect location for it.

    ReplyDelete