Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4th of July

We went to the cottage for the fourth.  Little Thunder Paws joined us.  She is such a good kitty and sat curled in my lap the whole way there, just fidgeting a little bit but I think she wanted to not have the ac blowing in her face.  My dad has a hummingbird feeder there and very often you will see three hummingbirds attacking each other and flitting all over.  A woodpecker decided he liked the sugar water and has been regularly visiting.  He lands almost upside down on the feeder and pulls himself up.  

Woodpecker feeder?
Thunder enjoys the view

My mom found these lantern things and my dad and Luke were very excited.  My dad had seen a few the year before and thought they were really cool.  They lit it and we watched it float away and across the bay.

Of course we had the ring of fire and then fireworks.  My mom was eaten by bugs and complained the fireworks were boring.  Luke agreed with her--well, we all kind of did and I said it was cause they aren't Disney Fireworks set to music.


At the cottage Cinder is my extreme cuddle bug.  I was saying goodnight to people and when I went to go to be (I'd already pulled back the covers before brushing my teeth) look what I found waiting.  She had been under the bed hiding from the fireworks when the bedtime routine started.  So I climbed into bed and she curled up right next to me.



Throughout the nights at the cottage she would come up to my face and sniff at me, rub her face on me and then curl back up--like she was checking to make sure it was really me and I hadn't abandoned her in some new place.  We had a relaxing long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment