Thursday, July 12, 2012

Holy Cow I'm OLD

It's official, I'm old.  I turned 30.  Eating breakfast Luke said, "how does it feel to be old?"  I quickly replied that I still had a few hours left until I "officially" turned 30 so I'm not old yet.  We didn't do anything fancy for my birthday.  My mom called and asked if Papa Bear and her could take us out to dinner at Olive Garden.  So we went to dinner. They brought over a cake sang to me.


Dinner was good and when we got home I quickly busted out the materials for a Dole-Whip.  The mix arrived and I couldn't wait to try it.   Mom and I started that project while Papa Bear and Luke put in my new clothesline.  Very excited about having sheets hung on the line to dry--they always smell so good.
Dad holding a shovel over Luke
Back to the food.  The mix came from Hawaii, direct from the Dole plantation.  It smelled so good.  This is what one bag of mix looks like.  I ordered 2 and have a feeling that by the time September rolls around I'll be ordering another 2.  So yummy.

Part of the mix added to water and what the mix looks like in the measuring cup.  I was too excited for detailed photos of the process.  Maybe another time if anyone really cares.  The mix comes with directions.  Below it is starting to get slushy looking.  It smelled delightful the entire time.  Unfortunately it didn't get past the extreme slush phase.  I blame it on the house being close to 80 degrees.  It was Dole-whip goodness anyways though.  

 I didn't want to waste any of the yummy goodness so I was licking it off the mixing spatula thing.  I put on the Tiki Room song from Disney and enjoyed my special treat.  Looking forward to meeting with someone to discuss a very special dress I am having made as part of my birthday gift from my parents.  It involves my favorite character :)

 

1 comment:

  1. If you are old that makes me really OLD.. So neither you nor I are old. Glad that we could come help you celebrate and that Dad was actually off from work that evening.
    Loved that you had dole whips.. YUMMY goodness. Thanks for sharing.
    I can't wait to see the dress when it is finished. Love the colors we picked out for the fabric. I look forward to the blog when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete