Friday, December 2, 2011

Patio Done!

Here is a picture of the finished patio.
I am very happy with how wonderful it came out. Papa Bear and I decided that it needed that little step in the one corner since it is quite bigger than a normal step and the slope of our lawn. Although most people wouldn't care I insisted that we put the grill off to the side of the patio, which involved building up the area with dirt, packing it down and leveling it. What a pain in the neck, but I am glad that we did that. I DID help with the grill addition on the patio before helping Luke with some raking. My dad finished the leveling and placement of the stones for it though while I made tuna fish sandwiches for lunch.
In the spring I am going to move the lilies that are where the chairs are in the picture to the side of the patio. We will put Port Bay stones in since barely any rain gets there anyways. We are thinking some small shrubs or bushes along the side with the step so people don't think it's level with the lawn and hurt themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment