Saturday, January 15, 2011

Disney Half Marathon

I love Disney, I love running. I'll write about the other vacation fun stuff later, but on with the miles of smiles! After the same wake up call from Stitch for the past 5 years I made it over to the start for my 6th Goofy race weekend. At the start they had a few people from the Today Show, including Al the weather guy who I gave a hi-five to. Fireworks at the start... I happened to catch it just right and you can see the Mickey head. I knew I was in for a fun weekend of running when I saw the 1 mile marker with a picture of Dumbo on it.
Along the course they had a lot more characters and music than in the past years. I was having so much fun along the way and taking a bunch of pictures that I ran my slowest half-marathon ever. Here are just a few of the 66 pictures I took during my almost 2 1/2 hour journey through EPCOT and the Magic Kingdom on Saturday, January 8.


Mickey and Minnie on the golf course. Why they mowed the lawn that morning I have no idea. Fortunately the smell of fresh cut grass didn't last long and I was able to continue on without any difficulties breathing.


Here is the gospel choir that is just around the corner from the finish every year. They were in between songs and were so excited that I stopped to take a picture of them. There are also a ton of high school marching bands and cheer teams along the course to provide encouragement.

Mom is usually at the finish but because of my having so much fun and running slower than usual as a result of my picture taking the transportation was backed up. Who knew that close to 40 minutes slower than average would mess things up that bad for her. At least there was no line to see this character while I waited for my green crocs!

No comments:

Post a Comment