Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 2 Disney

Magic Kingdom, my favorite park. We woke up to the sounds of thunder and rain. It might continue to rain, but the thunder would pass. By the time we ate breakfast and arrived at the park it was just cloudy out. I liked it already because clouds meant people were sleeping in or waiting for it to get nicer to go to the park. There was hardly anyone there, just the way I like it. In true Disney fashion they put on the show to open the park.

We took the fire engine down Main Street to the Castle. Although you may be able to get there faster by walking how often do you get to ride in a fire truck? Plus everyone looks at you like you are special. Anyone can take a ride on the Main Street vehicles, but few actually know that you can.
Fantasyland, how I love you. My favorite attraction Dumbo lives here. While there may be other attractions more thrilling, Dumbo has stolen my heart and is just so cute. How could you not love him? They are in the process of a major Fantasyland expansion so I took my camera for a high flyin' adventure aboard my very own pachyderm, Dumbo. Here is a look behind the fence of what is happening so far. Dumbo will be doubling his flying capacity and will be given his own circus tent. The one you see is the Toon Town Fair Judges Tent where you can meet Mickey Mouse. The line was so short I got to fly twice with about 5 minutes between flights. I would have liked to go a few more times, but there was more to do.
Bathrooms at Disney are entertaining. Each one seems to have a theme. Here is my mom outside the Fantasyland bathroom:
We had lunch at Tony's Town Square, a restaurant from the movie Lady and the Tramp. I enjoyed the chicken parm.

Let me be very clear. I do not like parades unless they are Disney parades. Disney parades last 15-25 minutes and are packed with music, entertainment and are just fun in general. If it lasts several hours it is not a parade, it is just one too many fire trucks and garbage trucks. Let's be honest, if you've seen one fire truck you've seen them all. We caught 3 parades. The first was "Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it." It was more of a block party dance. The 3 o'clock parade (with Dumbo) and the Main Street Electrical Parade. No pictures of the Main Street Electrical Parade, I just wanted to enjoy that one since it is my favorite parade of all time.

Of course we saw many fun, interesting things and of course people. Here are two pieces of fun from the attraction lines at Disney. If you don't get it, try reading it out loud.

The day ended with the Wishes fireworks spectacular. We spent 13 hours at the park and would have spent more if it had been open later. Oh well. There is something truly magical about the Magic Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment