Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 3 Disney

Breakfast at Cape May Cafe followed by a trip to the race expo for me to pick up my race info. Breakfast was fantastic as usual. Who doesn't love an all you can eat buffet? Here are the fun Mickey Waffles. Goofy stopped by our table for a visit. Of course, Timmy and I posed with him. Timmy ran his first Goofy race last year just so he could say he was Goofy. The thing about the Goofy race is that people sign up and run, then they go and sign up for it again so they can see if they can do better... or in my case take more photos with characters you don't have yet. I may never qualify for Boston, but I'm pretty sure that I am having more fun than most running. Disney with Papa Bear is full of more laughs than usual. Papa Bear is full of puns and quick thinking. When Donald Duck was on his way over to visit he took his napkin and threw it at Donald while warning, "DUCK!" Donald came over and threw the napkin at my dad. When he started to waddle away Papa Bear asked if he was chicken. Donald turned around and started to take sugar packets off our table and playfully toss them Papa Bear. The character greeter had Donald shake hands and be friends. Mom is our official trip photographer, but she did let us take a few photos of her with the characters. I love how she tries to copy the character pose or makes a silly face. Here she is with her Minnie Mouse hand. After being completely stuffed from breakfast we headed over to the expo to get my race stuff. Checking in at the Goofy booth they held up my bib number and cheered--because I am Perfectly Goofy and they like to celebrate the accomplishment. I guess not that many people are in the category of Crazy. A little bit of a bummer was no wristband this year. My new hoodie. The one I bought a few years ago is quite faded and very loved. It was time for a new one, thanks to Jen and Bob for the gift card to Disney for Christmas (I LOVE your gift).
The expo was crowded, as usual when you have that many people running plus their families. I did manage to get a Geico Pez dispenser and an awesome picture with the Gecko.
We relaxed for a bit at the hotel and headed to Downtown Disney via boat to shop and get dinner. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment