Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Chicago road trip

Luke and I went to Chicago for two days over Labor Day weekend.  Luke had been there very briefly for work and thought it would be a cool place for us to go back and explore.  Road trips are always fun with my Manfriend.  I go to the grocery store and get a bunch of snack type food to eat and he laughs at me cause I get fidgety in the car so I drink soda out of boredom and then have to pee like every hour.  At least it gets me out of the car and moving for a little bit.  
 I find ways to entertain the both of us in the car with useless games.  Like triple, double, trips... as evidenced by the triple piggy back type truck.  I started pointing out the trips and doubles and when they came up near each other they were full houses.  Yah, he was only slightly amused but I thought it was hilarious.
 Then I played the alphabet game by myself and felt the need to point out yellow and orange cars.  I always win that game.  But I guess I always win cause he doesn't play.  I was beyond ready to get out of the car when we spotted the Chicago skyline in the distance.  An hour later, and some traffic we arrived at our hotel.
 Our hotel was on Wacker Drive and was really nice.  It was right on the river and an easy walking distance to just about everything.  About 4 blocks away was Millenium Park with the Bean and about 3 blocks the other direction was the start of the Magnificent Mile shopping area.
 Manfriend upgraded our room for $15 a night upon check in so we would have a river view room.  In the lobby I was thinking it was a stupid idea but it turned out to be a good thing cause we could see the city all lit up at night and as the sun came up in the morning (hello 1 hour time difference).
 The view from out our window:
 The two "corn cob" buildings have parking garage on the bottom half and condos on the upper.  Cars have to back in to their parking spaces.
And directly across from us was the Trump building.  What was the first sight we went to see in Chicago?

No comments:

Post a Comment