Monday, February 11, 2013

new windows and some snow

We got our new windows installed on Wednesday and we love them.  Home Depot did a wonderful job.  The guy that installed them (yes, just one guy all by himself) did a fantastic job cleaning up and then gave me a tutorial on how to tilt in for cleaning.  While he was here installing Cinder Ella and I hung out in the office.  For a while she was content to sit in her window seat until he started work on the window under the office.
She saw him outside and did a grumble/growl at him (so protective of me).  After that she curled up in my lap while I scanned photos of Uncle Jack into the computer so I could upload them to my smugmug photo account.  Peeling the tape of the back of 3 poster boards of photos was not fun, but I did enjoy getting to look at all the photos.  I also had a bag full of photos to scan as well.
Here is a before and after of our kitchen window.  They are making a huge difference.  We have no more draft in our kitchen/family room area.  Our bedroom is also warmer (we've been kicking off the down comforter at 57 degrees at night).
Our kitchen window was a stained wood window and now we have white vinyl.  I think we are going to leave the trim the stained wood since it matches the beams in the family room.  Friday we were getting a ton of snow (but not anything like Boston).  I decided it would be good to take Cinder Ella out since she was begging.  See how much she loves her leash...
She did not want to come in, despite the fact she kept shaking snow off her paws.  She was super cute though until she tried to climb the pine tree.  At that point I scooped up the growling fur ball and brought her in.  Don't know what she saw looking up the tree that she had to try and get.  We are buddies again, she doesn't stay mad at me very long.


2 comments:

  1. Aww... Cinder Ella looks adorable. And it's cute how she's protective of you. The new windows look great, and isn't it nice how much insulation has improved when you get the right windows?

    Roof Masters

    ReplyDelete