Sunday, February 17, 2013

8 Years!

Wow, time has just flown by.  I met Luke 8 years ago and we had our first date on February 17th (also my Grandma Pearl's birthday).  We had met previously through a mutual friend and had chatted on the phone a couple of times.  I had to travel into the Buffalo area to drop Jen off at the airport for a long weekend to NYC to visit Bob.
 I called up Luke and we met at UB when he got out of class.  From there we went to play pool at Slick Willies and then went to the movie The Aviator.  Long movie and not really my style... not really Luke's either, but we went since it was nominated for awards and stuff.
 After the movie I went back to Fredonia, but stopped to grocery shop at Wegman's.   Almost a year later he traveled with my mom, dad and I to Disney for me to run my first Goofy race.  He put up with my crazy racing shenanigans, my coaching and my attitude and I knew he was a keeper.
 Happy 8 years handsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment