Monday, October 15, 2012

the great ear band search...success!

So it is chilly and windy in San Francisco.  I planned on the chilly with 2 jackets.  I did not plan on the wind.  Hence the great ear band search.  We walked in and out of about 20 stores on Saturday during our travels.  I was about out of hope and was just going to tie my ribbon/sash from my race dress around my ears when I found an ear band.  Thank goodness.
It is now Saturday and I have my race tomorrow so we didn't walk as much.  We walked through Chinatown to the financial district so Luke could see the Trans America Pyramid. The sidewalks didn't seem as wide through Chinatown, but there was all sorts of foods and goods for sale on tables outside the shops.  Later, riding the bus through it was all cleaned up and looked a bit like a ghost town.  
TransAmerica Pyramid
 
 Financial District was very quiet (again, it was a Saturday)  I was glad he wanted to see the Pyramid because it allowed me to stumble upon the Port of San Francisco.  It had a nice view of the other bridge in the bay area.  Luke enjoyed the architecture of the District.  It just reminded me of other cities and I'm not a city person.  I prefer pretty views of mountains and things like this:
the bay bridge
Port of SanFrancisco
We could tell that this area is busy during the weekdays.  There were a lot of restaurants and little park areas that weren't being used at the time.  It was eerily quiet.  Not the case on Monday when we had to go through on the bus to get to Pier 33 for our Alcatraz trip.  There were a bunch of people from the Occupy protests marching the street stopping traffic.  Fortunately we didn't miss that boat for our tour time.
You can see Coit Tower in the distance.  We took the bus to near the tower.  

No comments:

Post a Comment