Thursday, October 11, 2012

San Fran...day 2

So after our first day walking everywhere we embraced our MUNI bus passes and started the day a little later than the day before.  First on the agenda was picking up my race number at the expo.  We decided to walk there incase we would need to on race morning so we'd know how long.  I preface this by saying I am spoiled by Disney races and their organization and such.
This race expo was not anything that I expected.  I knew not to expect too much, but even this was way less than that.  We waited in line to be given an orange bag and then thrown into chaos at a table for our bib numbers and shirts.  No labels or lines, just go to that table.  Awful.  Enough about that event... they have a lot to learn.
We decided to take the bus from Pier 1 to Pier 39/Fisherman's Wharf.  It was busy with lots of people there but it was very nice.  First thing I saw when we arrived:
Immediate photo text to my mom,"Guess what I found." Mom, "A hidden Mickey cruise ship?"  I respond back,"it's not very hidden.  it's huge!"  Luke had to pry me away from the dock and prevent me from trying to figure out a way to get closer to the ship.  It was the Disney Wonder if you are wondering.  The back has Huey, Dewey and Luey painting the name (one of Disney's other ships has Dumbo).
We walked all around, looking at the little shops and restaurants before we finally asked where to see the sea lions from.  Turns out you have to go behind the shops on the one part of the dock.  They smelled a bit but were fun to watch.  They just sort of hang out on the floating docks and bark.
As you can see it was quite windy there and chilly.  Thus began the great ear band search.  The day before I was "ok" with the chilly air because there wasn't wind in my ears.  I decided that I needed and ear band for the race or I'd end up with a terrible headache.  Plus we were going to be going to Alcatraz, hello windy island in the bay.  To get out of the chill for a bit we stopped at the restaurant called Wipe Out for a bite to eat and to relax.  
We both got a burger and fries.  It was delicious.  Plus we could look out the window to the docks. A little bit of shopping and more of me gawking at the Disney boat and we called it a day.  Well, almost a day.  I decided that we needed to go to the Disney store in Union Square for the 3rd time.  Still didn't buy anything, but I had to go look.  After that it was back to the hotel for complimentary wine hour and I had planning to do for the next day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment