Saturday, September 25, 2010

Half Marathon Day

Good Morning 3 AM! Race day finally! I sent Luke to get a bucket of ice to start filling the tub for my post run soak. He was gone for like 20 minutes and I was getting worried. He had gone all over the hotel since ice machines were on every other floor and moved around due to renovations. We walked over to the starting area through Downtown Disney in the cool morning air. I was practically skipping and very excited, Luke had other things on his mind, but I failed to notice and figured he was just being a good sport about the whole early morning thing and my running. He kissed me goodbye and headed to the finish area and I went to the start.
I had so much fun running. My mom had called me the night before and told me to have fun and not worry about my time. I hadn't flown all that way to not enjoy it. Another bit of luck, they weren't mowing the lawn this year! I was smiling, feeling great and it must have shown. I was waving to all the scouts in Angel stadium and thanking the volunteers Despite the day being overcast it was not raining and looked like it might clear up for the parks after. I was grinning from ear to ear as I finished. Luke was right there at the finish line, holding my lime green crocs. He was smiling and told me I did very well, that I was one of the top female finishers--maybe an age group but he couldn't tell. He kept asking me questions since he wanted to make sure he took care of me like my mom does when I finish and am somewhat un-capable of opening water bottles and holding things. I was starting to head over to a poster to take a photo when he stopped me with "one more question." I turned around to see him down on one knee.

"Here we are at the happiest place on earth. Will you be my happily ever after?" Of course I started to cry a little and said yes. The ring was sparkly, Tinkerbell green and PERFECT! He had wanted to propose earlier on our trip but knew that it would mean more if it involved running and Disney, two of my favorite things.
We spent the rest of the day relaxing at Disneyland before having to catch our red-eye flight home. It was a very magical trip indeed and one that we will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment