Sunday, September 12, 2010

Disneyland Day 2


Disneyland Day 2 began with us waiting outside California Adventure on a beautiful, not a cloud in the sky day. We wanted to make sure we got a Fast Pass for the World of Color nighttime show. After waiting an hour outside the gates (and we were the 2nd group in the park from that line) I snagged the passes for the 9:00 PM show, snapped a quick photo with Pilot Goofy and Lightning McQueen with Mater before our breakfast date with Minnie and friends at the Plaza Inn.

The buffet breakfast was yummy. We saw Minnie, Chip and Dale, Tigger, Eeyore, Captain Hook and the Fairy God Mother from Ciniderella. Luke made funny faces in all his character pictures, except his with Captain Hook. While Luke was busy getting his tray loaded with food Captain Hook was waiting by the table doing the "shame on him" motion with his finger and hook for leaving me at the table alone for a pirate to come along and take. He must have known I had some Tinkerbell Pixie Dust.


Stuffed from breakfast we headed over to Tomorrowland. Luke wanted to ride Space Mountain. We wait in line and when we can see the space ship coaster cars they start sending empty cars into space! Before we know it they are directing people out the door of the attraction due to technical difficulties. Sounds like yesterday at California Screamin'. But it's not as bad as it sounds, the issue was with the automatic gates that open and close letting you get on the ride. The front two gates wouldn't open. At least they gave us a Fast Pass valid for any Fast Pass attraction at the park for the day. We moseyed over to Buzz LightYears Astro Blasters, which is more my type of space ride anyways. I rocked and took a top score of the day for hitting Zurg targets.

The race expo was now open! We took the monorail out of the park towards the Disneyland hotel for packet pickup. Of course my race number landed me in the longest line there. No surprise that it was also the slowest moving. Fortunately, I had Luke there cracking me up and continually asking if he was doing a good job taking pictures and making sure that I did everything I usually do with my mom when she is my "support crew" at these things. I think I might be smiling mom, he did a fantastic job!

Back to the park and a boat load of rides. It's a small world, Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain--I was soaked. We went and got our sweatshirts from the hotel and went off to see the World of Color show. I was amazed by all they were able to do with some lights and fountains. The fountains shot up past the top of the Fun Wheel. We had a fun filled, exhausting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment