Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

We decided not to get a park ticket to Magic Kingdom for the day since we would be allowed to enter the park at 4 pm for the Party and stay til midnight (plus I'd be back in January and Disney is more of my thing).
 They had a Mickey and Minnie snowman standing on top of the entrance gates on the road to the park.  Once we arrived by bus we went to the will call booth to get our tickets put on our bands.
 We were then given special wrist bands to wear in addition to our MagicBands so that we would be allowed to stay in the park when the closed it at 7 for the Party.  Love the outfits they were wearing.  Their giant candy cane striped bows were attached to a headband.
 First on the agenda was to hit up our fastpass attractions and check out the decorations during the day since they look different at night all lit up.  I was in love.  I had seen most of the decorations before but to have holiday music playing made the wow factor for me.
 They had filmed the Christmas day parade earlier in the day as well as the previous two days.  It was crowded but not as bad as I was expecting.  Of course our first fastpass was for Dumbo.  There wasn't really a line though.  I like the no line at Dumbo thing lately, it is really working out in my favor.
 Although everything was decorated and holiday music was playing I can say it just didn't "feel" like Christmas was only 17 days away since it was warm (hello 70's) and I am used to cold days and usually some snow.

 The castle looked absolutely stunning draped in icicle lights and the Christmas parade did not disappoint.  I think it might have been better during the day though.  I still enjoyed the music and the holiday magic that only Disney can bring.
 We had dancing candy makers and bakers and gingerbread men.
 
 We watched the parade from near the hub area (so we were kind of by the Castle) and if we had been on Main Street it would have been snowing on us.  Later that night we walked down the snowy Main Street and I soaked up every minute of it.  Snow is really beautiful when you aren't shivering from the cold.
 Our Party came with cookies (snicker doodles) and cocoa.  I ate a lot of cookies and drank a lot of cocoa.  Luke was tired and I know it wasn't really his cup of tea but he was a trooper and let me wander around all night and do whatever I wanted.  If I wanted to watch a show he just found somewhere to sit down and such until I was ready to move on.
 One of my favorite parts of the evening was the Jingle Cruise.  They decorated the line area and added in some new jokes with holiday references.  I loved it.  We probably would have gone for a second trip through the rivers of the world if it weren't for the fact that the line grew significantly and there was a lot more that I wanted to see and do.  The part of the cruise where they are chanting and dancing about were apparently carolers so our skipper told us to duck and pretend that no one was home and maybe they'd go away.  She was "milking" the jokes for all they were worth, especially the one about Ginger the croc that snaps.
 After I watched the Totally Tomorrowland Christmas we called it a night and headed for the bus.  It was about 11:30 and the park closed at midnight.  I figured we'd miss the rush of the party leaving.  I did walk extra slow through the snow on Main Street though as we left.  Just thinking of the music, lights and snow now puts a huge smile on my face.

 Merry Christmas to All and to All a Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment