Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Serial Killer of my back yard and other Halloween stuff

The other day (Sunday) we were watching TV and Cinders was all snuggled up on my chest.  She bolted from me and started going nuts at the back sliding glass door.   A black cat was out there and pounce, pounce, pounce near the bird feeder.  He scampers off with a cute little chipmunk.  He's been back everyday since and we scare him away at least twice.  Leave my chipmunks alone!  Cinder likes watching them and they're cute (even if they make the back yard full of little holes). 

While hanging out at home the other day (Tuesday) waiting for it to warm up enough to mow the lawn and run the mower out of gas for the season for winter storage this went prancing though the back yard:
 We see mommy and her 2 babies (that aren't that little anymore) almost nightly.  Seeing him was a real treat.  He was definitely more hesitant than mommy and babies. Although he did run really fast when something spooked him (he was behind the tree "frozen" so this is the only picture I got of him).

 Pretty soon my decorations will have to move from the fireplace to the front hall so that our Trick-or-Treaters see them:
 And I wish that one really stinkin' cutie patootie would be coming to knock at our door.  But I will settle for cute snail mail from him anytime.  Biggest smile on my face to get this the other day:
Looking forward to tonight when Luke gets to answer the door in his Darth Vader costume (oh the irony).

1 comment:

  1. Great action shot photo! I love the little Halloween note Michael sent. He thinks of everything :)

    ReplyDelete