Monday, April 28, 2014

Running out of April

Well,  April was pretty uneventful for us.  The weather has been quite chilly still and we are very much hoping for nice weather on a more permanent basis (not just like one day a month of temps over 50).  We've got some more yard work to do and I don't need my fingers frozen from wearing gloves.
 Last weekend in April and we had our Flower City Challenge event--Luke for the 5k and me in the half marathon.  We should be dressed a little less but it was about low 40's the entire time so I am glad I had my early spring weight gear on.
 I met up with some gals from the Mom's Run This Town group that I joined earlier this month.  They are so nice and supportive of everything.  It is also for mom's of fur babies too if you are wondering.
 Luke finished in just under an hour for his 5k and I finished my half marathon in 1:45 and change.  I got warm but never hot during the race.
 As a result of my un-planned awesome race (yeah, I will go with awesome to describe it) I had to go back and make a few tweaks to my training plans pace wise for my upcoming events.  Luke took a long-ish nap but then made me some dippin' eggs for dinner.  Looking forward to how I will respond to increasing the intensity of my running since I really didn't go out of my comfort zone for this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment