Thursday, January 24, 2013

EPCOT day

EPCOT doesn't have a "welcome" celebration show like Magic Kingdom so we slept in and headed over there when we got up.  The park didn't open until 9 and I believe arrived there around9:30.  Mom set 2 alarms on her cell phone to get up around 7:30 and neither went off.  We continued to set multiple alarms over the next few days since they randomly didn't go off and we wanted to make sure we didn't sleep through my races (the big reason we were there).
First thing we did was head over towards Soarin'.  I love that attraction and it can have long lines and fast pass distribution for the day can also run out fairly quickly.  We got our fast passes for the attraction and I waited in line.  I was lucky enough to be next to an elderly couple who were wearing their leis from the Polynesian resort.  They had never been on the attraction and they were super cute with their commentary as we took flight over California.  
After that mom and I went on the living with the land attraction boat ride.  There is virtually never a line for this little gem and it is very fascinating--even if you don't like plants.  They are experimenting with different growing techniques and you can see gigantic pumpkins growing from the suspended vines and tomato trees.  
9 pound lemon tree!
eggplants? growing in the background from the suspension
 Next we headed over to board a clam mobile for the Finding Nemo attraction.  Very cute and the line moves fairly quickly.  I enjoy the attractions that mom rides with me the most, even if I have to tell her when she can open her eyes (some of those visuals do make you nauseous).  Of course no visit is complete with out visiting...
 Free samples of Coca-Cola products from around the world?  Count us in!  We still had some time before my fast passes for Soarin' were valid.
 We decided to just check out the Mouse Gears store since there was a little sprinkle.  Um, greatest idea ever! I probably jumped up and down and told my mom she had to come and check this out.  Over the moon excited about Mrs. Jumbo and baby Dumbo stuffed animal.  I try really hard not to buy stuffed animals but I caved on this particular one.  Way to cute and I have NEVER seen Mrs. Jumbo before, EVER!  I also found a Dumbo ornament and fun game.  The game is called Ring Around the Nosey.  You put on your Dumbo mask and try to pick up colorful rings with your trunk.  Security probably has fun watching me jump up and down their store elated about my Dumbo finds.
 We had my precious items sent back to our resort sundries store for pickup later.  On the way back to Soarin' we spotted our first lizard.  There is the little guy not falling in the drainage grate.
 Time for lunch.  We decided that France sounded absolutely wonderful for lunch.
 Mom with her chocolate eclair.  She thought it would have been filled with custard and just the chocolate on the top.  Good thing we also got some almond pastry puff thing to share.  We split the eclair and she had most of the almond pastry puff.
 I enjoyed my usual baguette.  So delicious and a favorite of mine.  At this point mom has already pointed out about 10 kids to me and said, "I'm gonna get me one of those."  Meaning she has a grand baby on the way from my sister Jen.  I teased her a couple times by responding back, "just not that crying one over there or that one, it drools a lot."
 As if the yumminess of France wasn't enough we stopped in Germany.  I had been reading the Disney food blog to find out about some possibly hidden food gems that I may have overlooked all this time.  Those delectable treats that are hidden in the corners of resort dining halls or off the common food stops (those little carts).  I believe this is fairly new, but I could be wrong.  Werther's carmel and chocolate, yes please!
This delightful carmel was $4 but so rich and goody goodness.  Definitely would not recommend eating this all by yourself since it was quite thick and very rich with flavor.  We enjoyed the shops of Germany, checking out all the Christmas decorations in the shops, coo-coo clocks and teddy bears. 
 We finished our journey around the world and before exiting the park took a ride on SpaceShip Earth. It took our photo and we "sent" it to the world.  Here we are surfing at our "Board" meeting.
Time for dinner at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue.

No comments:

Post a Comment