Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Painting

I have finished painting (for now). I touched up the trim in the hall, door frames and the stairs. That was a lot of blue painters tape and prep work. I am glad to be done with that. Thunder didn't help, although she feels the need to be there (I mean be in the way) for almost everything else. I was half expecting her to come prancing up the stairs and rub her face on the door frame only to be painted. I guess she learned her lesson after having a painted ear for a few months when we first moved in.
My mom went to a fundraiser and bid/won a 12x12 remnant rug. It will go in the dining room. I managed to unroll it in there and am going to trim it to fit the space at some point as well as tucking the edges under the trim. The room was carpeted in orange shag when we moved in. I think it warms the space up. I wish that the remnant piece was more of a gray hue, but you get what you get. At least it isn't green shag or something odd.

1 comment:

  1. Why would you cover up the nice hardwoods with carpet?

    ReplyDelete