Sunday, March 31, 2013

Luke did What!!!

So Luke decided to sit in a chair and play a vintage video game for almost 18 hours last weekend.  Sunday morning he woke up and couldn't walk... his back, hamstrings and calves were so tight.  This lasted until Thursday when he finally decided to go to urgent care and see if something was more seriously wrong (it wasn't getting better).  I was supposed to go with my mom to Vermont for our week off from school but decided not to go since Luke was in such rough shape.  Staying home to take care of Manfriend (who at this point became zonked out with the muscle relaxers they gave him) I decided to be productive.
 I hauled up some bins from my classroom last year that I never ended up using (they were too small for papers) and organized my laundry room cleaning rags and supplies.  Large "candy" bins house my running hats and mittens (I need a lot since they get laundered constantly and I run a lot).
 Under the sink in the master bath needed an make over.  Things just sort of got tossed in all willy nilly and most of it would be better stored in the guest bathroom linen closet.
 I swapped the cleaning bin for the one in the down stairs laundry room since it was smaller.  Voila, way nicer and easy to see everything in the cupboard.  At this point I am thinking, "what else can I organize?"
 I decided to hang up our Tinkerbell light switch plate in the kitchen... and proceed to organize the junk drawer.  I know, we all have one that seems to catch all our pens, pencils and other random stuff.
 More small baskets and such from my classroom last year.  The holes are large and pens/pencils were constantly falling out so I went with ice cream pints for materials (hot glue a few stones to the bottom to weight them).
 Lastly, I decided to tackle my clothes closet.  I've had most of my clothes organized into bins that I can pull out and pick a shirt to wear.  Unfortunately the shirts usually just get tossed into the bins or hap hazardly folded.  Thunder Paws decided to supervise.
 Apparently I took a long time since she fell asleep.  Folded and placed in the bins this way I can easily find what I am looking for and no shirt gets "lost" or forgotten in the bin. Yes, I love the color green and a few of my shirts are duplicates since they are "favorites."
Here is my clothes closest (I know, it is supposed to be the linen closet).  Love that all the clothes fit in their bins now and aren't over flowing every where.  I have the other half of the closet to work on, but love how it is looking so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment