Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Un-Bridal Shower

I wanted a fun bridal shower so I requested that my sister have a mad hatter theme party. It was awesome. She did so much work and shipped my mom boxes of decorations for the shower. She even *bought* the Alice in Wonderland DVD and took notes on it to make sure she got it right. Flying into town the day before the shower she spend the day making food and putting finishing touches on the decorations. Most of the decor was hot pink and lime green. Jen even made fascinators for the bridal party and a few of my relatives even showed up with those fancy hat things. Here is my Grandma Pearl showing off hers. Luke and I received many items for our house, but apparently I was the most excited about toilet paper... I mean look at that grin on my face. Jen, in addition to helping host and put together a wonderful tea party at my Aunt's house made me a wreath complete with hidden Mickey's for the door (apparently the glittery wreath from Christmas wasn't going to cut it in June).
The photos in this post are from Jen's mother in law. Jen also wrote about the tea party... here is a link to her blog to check out her perspective

1 comment:

  1. Un-Bridal Shower! That seems interesting and I am so pleased that everyone had such nice time in this bash. Well, my cousin just got married at the local NYC wedding venues and I also threw a DIY Halloween themed shower for her which turned out pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete