Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 5 Disney

After running the marathon and my parents not having a lot of sleep from watching the Jets win we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios since it was the only night that we would be able to catch Fantasmic! The park has this wonderful old Hollywood feel from the 1950's that I love. There is quite a bit of Disney history in this park with getting to watch artists sketch and walk through, self guided tours about the history of Disney followed by the short movie One Man's Dream. I had my picture taken with Lots-o from Toy Story 3... he didn't smell like strawberries though. In fact, he didn't have a smell at all. I know, I am rockin' crocs and socks. All I can say is that my ankles were non existent from the combination of all the park walking plus marathon and a half... my toes were quite cold and obviously I wasn't about to stuff my swollen feet back into my sneakers. Here is me with a piece of beautiful artwork from one of the gallery stores at the park. Isn't Dumbo just the cutest ever?Papa Bear and I went on the Rock-n-Roller Coaster. I love this attraction and the California Screamin' one in Disneyland. We opted to go in the single rider line, since it is often faster and we didn't care if we rode together. I have never been in a line that slow. We waited just as long as the people in the "group" line. Oh well. Papa Bear went on the Tower of Terror, which I prefer to call the I'm going to Die ride. I really think it will kill me and having been on it twice I don't care to take the drop anymore. While he enjoyed the elevator plunge I enjoyed the park bench in the sunshine. One of mom's favorite parts of this park. Actually, her favorite part of any park is a Coca-Cola display. More of the fun Disney humor for you. It was a fun day at the park, although we were definitely exhausted. Unfortunately we did not get to go on Toy Story Mania, there were no fastpasses left for the day and the wait time was 90 minutes. I can do a lot in a park in 90 minutes other than wait in line for a 5 minute ride. Oh well, another time. We will be at the opening of EPCOT tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment