Friday, June 22, 2012

Our First Anniversary

Luke and I celebrated our first anniversary on Monday.  We went on the Sam Patch Erie Canal boat cruise.  I was amazed at the people on the boat and how far they'd traveled to check it out.  There were people from Chicago, Germany and Indiana.  Earlier this season the boat has already seen guests from England and about 35 states.  
on the boat
"I got a mule/her name is Sal..."
After the cruise we went to the Pittsford Dairy Farm.  We had never been there.  I had a blue moon ice cream.  It was cake batter ice cream in a bright blue color with rainbow sprinkles.  Luke wanted to take a nap so we headed home and I did some laundry while he snoozed.  I decided it would be fun to go play miniature golf.  So we did.  I brought a coupon for BOGO but they had a special of BOGO anyways for the day so we can go with my coupon another day.
We stopped for a photo at 5:00 (the time our ceremony started) and set the timer on the camera.  We stopped again about 7 minutes later (giraffe and a very blue waterfall) for our official married 1 year photo (it was a short ceremony).  


We stopped and had my ring cleaned.  It's all sparkly again.  Luke decided on Olive Garden for dinner. When the waitress came over she right away had to tell me how beautiful my ring was before going on to tell us about their summer drinks.  Luke finally believes me when I tell him I get random compliments on my ring all the time.
 After dinner we headed home for cake.  I am not sure who decided it was a good idea to freeze cake for a year and eat it, but genius!  Our cake tasted amazing--not freezer burned or anything.  It didn't look too pretty since most of the icing stuck to the tupperware container sides/lid.  Thanks to my Momma and Papa Bear for keeping our cake in your freezer all year.  
cake
It was a beautiful evening so I gathered stuff for a campfire.  While doing that I found this little four leaf clover.  Luke says it means we are lucky in love.  We had a wonderful day relaxing and are looking forward to many more years of happiness.




2 comments:

  1. what a perfect way to celebrate. I agree with Luke on the 4 leaf clover, lucky in LOVE.
    Happy 1st year and may you have many, many more.

    ReplyDelete