Friday, June 8, 2012

Cake Class?



In April I took a cake decorating class.  My sister warned me that I'd have a lot of baking and the toaster oven wouldn't cut it.  I don't know if she took the same class as me or if I just didn't care as much but I only had to bake 3 times.  I suppose I should have baked more and practiced the techniques.   At the first class we just had to bring a can of frosting--nasty tasting stuff too if you ask me.  For our second class I had to bring a cake to decorate using the techniques we learned that night and from the week before.  I picked the cupcake template and transfered using the piping gel (which is very sticky and smells kind of gross).  For the third class we learned one way to fill cupcakes and then were turned loose to decorate them.  The gal from school I took the class with took most of the ones I decorated with home to share so I don't have many cupcake photos.  For the last class we had to bring a frosted cake to decorate with any of the techniques we'd learned plus a new flower that evening.  I wasn't feeling very creative or ambitious to fill a lot of icing bags so I kept it simple.   Don't look for me to grace any Martha Stewart magazines with this talent... but at least I can say I know how to make and decorate a cake.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the cake decorating. You can work at Jen's bakery when she moves back and opens one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...if I want her to make cupcakes from a box and have them explode in the oven.

      Delete