Monday, February 20, 2012

Tinkerbell Half Marathon

Mom has a TON of photos still on her camera so I will just start with a few things that we did while in our just over 48 hour Disneyland adventure. We left after work on Friday arrived in California at what felt like 2am our time. The plan was to sleep in a bit and then head over to the expo to get my race info. Failure on the sleeping in part but more time for Disney! We bought the park passes and headed right down Main Street, USA. First on the list was a walk through of Sleeping Beauty's Castle, then the world famous Dumbo. We then went on the Casey Jr. Circus train before heading over to it's a small world. Although it was closed for refurbishment I still felt a strong need to go check out that part of the park. It worked out for the best since I found a Dumbo pillow pet. We met up with my mom's friend Timmy and took a cruise on the Storybook Canal Boats. Noticing a very short line for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride we decided to go on that before going to the expo. It was quite the wild ride. It broke while we were on it. All of the sudden the lights came on and an announcement to stay where you were, a cast member would be by shortly to assist. I was stuck looking at a not so nice police officer. When the cast member came we had to backtrack through the whole ride. We went on the attraction later and I had one more scene until the end so it was cool that I got to go all the way back and walk the track. We went to the expo where I proudly picked up my bib number 353. Mom has all the expo photos. After that little adventure we went to California Adventure which is under a huge renovation project that is changing the entrance to the park as well as adding Cars Land. Dinner was some pasta with sauce on the side. I love how the chef put the side of meatballs and sauce in a kids serving dish. We went on the LIttle Mermaid and Jumpin' Jellyfish plus Toy Story Mania. The plan was to watch the World of Color and then go back to Disneyland since it was open until 11:00. World of Color=amazing water spectacular. Return to Disneyland in hopes of short lines after the fireworks= lots of crowds (unusual). The biggest bummer, the fireworks that we missed Saturday night were cancelled on Sunday due to "circumstances..." More on the trip when I get photos from my mom.

1 comment:

  1. It was a GREAT adventure. I will get the camera card to you so you can have ALL 600 + pictures : )

    ReplyDelete